An Introduction to Girls’ Schools
The first program of its kind designed specifically for educators in Australian and New Zealand girls’ schools.
Challenge your understanding of the practicalities and best practices for teaching and learning in girls’ schools. Led by renowned education futurist and academic Prof Erica McWilliam the course uses classroom research undertaken by Prof McWilliam in Australian and New Zealand schools, backed with supplementary readings relevant to girls’ education.
An Introduction to Girls’ Schools is an entirely asynchronous on-demand online course that helps staff to better understand the nuances and best practice of working in an all-girls school. The self-paced course consists of three modules, each taking around five to six hours to complete. It encourages collaboration and discussion with colleagues creating opportunities for staff to make important connections within the school.
Participants can schedule their own involvement, including start date for the course after which they will have 30 days to complete the program.
The course will:
- Look at pedagogical strategies that work with girls.
- Help teachers to ‘hit the ground running” with best practices and relevant research.
- Support teachers new to girls’ schools to understand what it means to teach in a girls’ school.
- Consider common challenges faced by girls’ school educators.
- Provide feedback and guidance from an expert on girls’ education.
- Deliver practical advice from accomplished and respected principals of girls’ schools.
How does it work?
In a clever combination of on-demand online learning and practical applications, the course is made up of three modules. The self-paced program allows participants to progress through each stage at their convenience while supported by course facilitator Prof Erica McWilliam, adjunct professor in the Faculty of Education at QUT.
Assessment consists of three case studies requiring written responses of 250-400 words each. Individual feedback is provided by Prof. McWilliam.
$275 per participant (member schools) $495 (non member schools)
Places are limited.
Download the Introduction to Girls Schools brochure
Contact [email protected] to enrol or find out more.