The Roslyn Otzen Award for Exceptional Teaching
Established in honour of Alliance founder and former president Dr Roslyn Otzen, The Roslyn Otzen Award for Exceptional Teaching recognises outstanding women and men who have made a significant contribution to teaching in a girls’ school.
- The award is open to all registered teachers and school leaders currently working in an Alliance member school
- Only individuals, and not schools or other organisations, may be nominated for the award
- Nominations must be endorsed by the principal of the nominee’s school
- Previously unsuccessful nominees may nominate again
- Principals are not eligible to nominate
The nomination should demonstrate why the nominee is worthy of the award and should include details of one or more of these:
- demonstrated commitment to extraordinary teaching, program design, and/or curricular innovation
- demonstrated commitment to girls’ education and positive outcomes for girls in girls’ schools
- contributed significantly to a culture of collaboration and connectedness with colleagues or school community stakeholders
- completed original research in an area related to girls’ education
- demonstrated a deep understanding of contemporary leadership in girls’ education, that has led to significant educational improvements in the classroom and school.
The nomination should be no more than four (4) pages in length including the Nomination Form. It should address the relevant criteria from the list above clearly and succinctly. A short resume of up to three (3) pages may be appended to the nomination to illustrate the nominee’s career and achievements. Other appendices will not be accepted.
Self-nominations are accepted.
Information provided in the nomination form of the successful nominee may be published.
The nominee is requested to be available to make a short video statement if required. The Alliance will contact the nominee should this be required.
The successful nominee agrees to write an appropriate paper for publication by the Alliance.
A selection committee is appointed from the Alliance’s Executive Committee.
$2000 will be awarded to the recipient along with complimentary registration at an Alliance conference or event of the recipient’s choice, scheduled within 24 months of the award announcement.
31 March 2019
Recipients will be announced via Alliance publications and formally recognised at the Biennial Educators Conference.
For more information on the nomination process please contact [email protected] or +61 7 55210749
Submission of Nominations
Nominations must be emailed as a single PDF file to: [email protected] please note, hard copies or multiple files will not be accepted.