Submit a proposal to present at the Global Forum 2
Presenting at this global forum is an opportunity to share knowledge, ideas and best practice with colleagues while building professional recognition and reputation for you and your school.
Proposal Deadline: Monday, December 11, 2017
The men and women attending the Global Forum are educators, researchers, advocates, authors, practitioners, and related-industry leaders from across the globe dedicated to working with girls and young women. We anticipate attendance of over 1,000 delegates from more than 25 countries, including faculty and staff from PK-12 schools and universities as well as representatives from mission-aligned organisations from around the world.
Regardless of the session type you choose, we encourage presentations not only about your school’s or organisation’s accomplishments, but also about unsuccessful initiatives that required iteration and include lessons learned.
- Breakout Session: Traditional 50-minute session with up to four (4) total presenters per session (average audience size: 30-50 people).
- INSPIRE! Session: Interactive 25-minute “speed innovating” mini-sessions designed to share ideas and foster small-group discussion. Each session will be repeated for a second group and may have up to two (2) presenters (average audience size: 8-12 people/group for a combined reach of 16-24 people). Please note up to 25-30 INSPIRE! Sessions are held concurrently at round tables in one large ballroom. Presenters who select this format will not have access to A/V equipment or electricity.
- SNAP! Session: Each SNAP! Session is made up of 5-6 rapid-fire presentations during which each presenter has 6-7 minutes to tell a story about how a program, course, initiative, etc. benefited a student (or students) using a limited number of slides (14 maximum) to help bring the story to life. Each slide will be set to automatically advance every 30-60 seconds. This format is similar to the popular PechaKucha style of presenting.
- Alignment with one or more of the six (6) universal themes (click here to read more).
- Potential to attract and engage professionals who work with girls PK-12 in and out of school settings, formally and informally. (Please be clear in indicating your intended audience.)
- Demonstrable impact on the healthy development of girls and young women.
- Clear content and objectives. Your description should accurately and concisely reflect your goals for the session as well as specific takeaways attendees can expect.
- Opportunities for attendee involvement and interaction.
- Examples, case studies, practical tools or models that can be applied immediately in the classroom or modified for a different educational environment or set of learners.
- A representation of both innovation and practicality.
- Comfort, skill, and experience with leading and moderating discussions.
- Selections will be determined on appropriateness and interest of topic, level of content, expertise of presenters, and balance of overall program.
- Special consideration will be given to proposals that:
- Include presenters from multiple schools/organisations in a panel discussion or other collaborative presentation format.
- Go beyond the details of a specific program or course and offer attendees a “behind the scenes look” at underlying principles, decision-making processes, and measurements of success.
- Alliance reserves the right to request modifications to a session proposal before final selections are made.
- During the week of February 5, 2018, the Alliance will email acceptance and declination decisions.
- If a proposal is selected for inclusion in the Global Forum II program, the date and time of the session or workshop will be decided by the conference organisers. The organisers also reserve the right to edit the session title or description to meet its editorial or marketing requirements.
- We hope that presenters will be full attendees of the Global Forum II and, as such, will be present and engaged throughout the 3-day conference.
- Presenters may attend the Global Forum II at a reduced rate of $450 ($500 after April 15, 2018).
- Final presentations and handouts must be submitted no later than June 8, 2018, for pre-conference posting to the conference mobile app.
If you have questions please contact the Alliance at [email protected] or +61 7 55210749
Submit a proposal
The deadline for submission of proposals is Monday, December 11, 2017.