Melbourne Girls’ College is celebrating women in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, Mathematics) and will be hosting the Melbourne “It Takes A Spark!” Conference.
With the demand for STEAM talent higher than ever, organisations are faced with finding new and innovative ways to prepare the next generation of engineers, nanotechnologists, machine learning experts, aerospace technicians and so on.
Ever dreamed of your brilliant ideas come to life in thought provoking sessions led by students and teachers?
The theme for the Melbourne STEAM Conference is “It Takes a Spark”.
This event is designed to spark the curiosity of its participants by inviting all educators and school classroom administrators to join us on Friday September 14 at Melbourne Girls’ College.
One of the unique features of the conference is that the presenters are teachers and students that participate in STEAM programs.
Melbourne Girls’ College looks forward to collaborate with like-minded leaders in schools.
The one day conference will focus on showcasing innovation and providing you with applicable tools resources and insights in STEAM creativity and entrepreneurial advancement.
- Addressing the key challenges of embedding STEAM education into the curriculum and how to include issues such as accessibility, diversity and resourcing
- Ideas for designing your own STEAM program
- The future of STEAM education
Who should attend:
- Students (Years 4-10) who are Leaders in Technology (or aspire to be) STEAM Leaders in your school
- Teachers and Classroom Leaders who have little experience or to Teachers and Classroom Leaders who want to extend themselves
- Heads of Learning Areas who wish to see what is possible and what is already happening in STEAM
- Heads of Curriculum who wish to discuss how to create transdisciplinary units that are powerfully engaging
- Principals and Assistant Principals to witness what is possible by embedding the Technologies Curriculum in your school
To find out more please contact Natasha Walsh, Event Coordinator (03) 9428 8955
We hope you join us on Friday 14 September 2018 at Melbourne Girls’ College, 55 Yarra Boulevard, Richmond, VIC. 3121