MAD 2017 Dunedin New Zealand: Information for student delegates and parents
Making a Difference: Girls for change leadership will be held over three days, 2–4 October, at St Hilda’s Collegiate School, 2 Cobden St, North Dunedin, Dunedin there will be signage to indicate where to go on arrival. All program activities and challenges will take place on campus. Morning and afternoon teas, and lunches are provided.
For residential participants, all meals will be provided, students will be accommodated in the school’s boarding house and fully supervised by boarding house staff.
Days 1 commences at 1.00 pm the full program is available to download here
Students are not required to wear school uniform, comfortable casual clothing is recommended. Students will need to be comfortable enough to participate in activities but also look presentable for networking with guests and speakers at the conference. Please bring: required medications; pencil case and materials for note taking; a water bottle; and an open mind and willingness to network with other young changemakers. A laptop or tablet is optional.
All delegates are required to complete the Student Details and Medical Information by 14 September using the secure online submission form below. This is a requirement of participation, if this information is not submitted students will not be able to attend the conference.
Residential students should note:
- accommodation will be in St Hilda’s Tolcarne House boarding facility, a 5 minute walk from the school campus
- girls will have a single bed in 3-share room and may bring sleeping bag, pillow and bath towel if preferred (mattress protector, sheet and pillowcase provided)
- dormitory-style shared bathroom
- meals: 2/10 snack on arrival and dinner; 3/10 breakfast and dinner; 4/10 breakfast
- internet access
- supervision outside of conference hours
If you have any questions regarding the conference please contact Loren Bridge (e) [email protected]