The Alliance is pleased to announce dates for our second exciting USA Academic Tour, in partnership with Crimson Education.
Departing in December 2020 the academic tour will allow students to take in the educational highlights from the East and West Coasts of the USA.
Students will meet and learn from high-profile industry experts, and explore some of the world’s most influential institutions and exciting destinations. Most memorable of all, you’ll get to hear directly from top professors and current students to understand what makes their universities some of the world’s best.
Taking place from 5-20 December 2020, the itinerary includes:
- Boston + Harvard University + Boston Freedom Trail
- Boston + MIT + Educational Strategy Workshop
- New York City + Brown University + Yale University
- New York City + United Nations + Columbia University
- New York City + New York University + Statue of Liberty
- New York City + Tiger Management + Metropolitan Museum of Art / Guggenheim Museum
- San Francisco + Fisherman’s Wharf + Stanford University + Educational Strategy Workshop
- San Francisco + Silicon Valley Company Visits + SETI Institute
- Los Angeles + Alcatraz Island + UC Berkeley + Caltech
- Los Angeles + LA Cleantech Incubator + Disneyland/Universal Studios
- Los Angeles + UCLA + Griffith Observatory
How can students apply to attend?
An expression of interest form for students is included in the information pack above. Students are required to submit an application form with supplementary questions that will be assessed during an interview and selection process.
One student scholarship place is available for the tour and each member school may nominate one student for the scholarship. The scholarship will cover the full program cost including all travel, accommodation, activities and meals.
Staff Professional Development
Based on the estimated number of 14 students being chosen to travel as part of the tour group, there is also a requirement for two staff from Alliance member schools to join the group acting as adult chaperones. A Tour Manager from Crimson Education will be with the group throughout the tour to oversee all logistical arrangements. This is an excellent opportunity for your staff to learn more about overseas educational pathways and the benefits that students can gain through application for admission to US colleges.
School Information Session
Crimson Education are happy to facilitate an information session for your students and parents to allow them to learn more about the trip and to ask any questions that they might have.
NOTE: The Alliance cancellation policy does not apply to this event, please refer to Crimson Education terms and conditions for the appropriate cancellation policy.