The Alliance is pleased to announce an exciting new tour, in partnership with Crimson Education.
Departing in January 2020 the academic tour will allow students to take in the educational highlights from the East and West Coasts of the USA.
Students will experience life at some of the world’s top colleges, go behind the scenes of global organisations and be able to learn from inspirational experts. The unique opportunities will include meeting with international diplomats at the UN, software engineers at Google and taking part in a capital markets simulation on Wall Street to discover just some of what the US has to offer.
Only 20 students can be accommodated on the trip so it will be important to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Taking place from 8-23 January 2020, the itinerary includes:
- New York City + Orientation
- New York City + United Nations + Columbia University
- New York City + New York University + Statue of Liberty
- New York City + Tiger Management + Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Boston + Yale University + Brown University
- Boston + Harvard University + Boston Freedom Trail
- Boston + MIT + University Strategy Workshop
- San Francisco + Fisherman’s Wharf
- San Francisco + Stanford University + SETI Insitute
- San Francisco + Silicon Valley Company Visits + UC, Berkeley
- Los Angeles + Alcatraz Island + University Strategy Workshop
- Los Angeles + California Institute of Technology + LA Cleantech Incubator
- Los Angeles + Disneyland
- Depart Los Angeles + UCLA + Griffith Observatory
How can students apply to attend?
Students can submit an expression of interest HERE.
The application deadline is set for 14 April 2019. Students will be required to submit an application form with supplementary questions that will be assessed during an interview and selection process. The final student group will be confirmed by the end of April 2019.
One student scholarship place is available for the tour and each member school may nominate one student for the scholarship. The scholarship will cover the full program cost including all travel, accommodation, activities and meals.
Development Opportunity for School Staff
Based on the estimated number of 20 students being chosen to travel as part of the tour group, there is also a requirement for 3 staff from Alliance member schools with students participating in the tour to join the group acting as adult chaperones. A Tour Manager from Crimson Education will be with the group throughout the tour to oversee all logistical arrangements. This is an excellent opportunity for your staff to learn more about overseas educational pathways and the benefits that can be gained by students looking to apply for admission to US colleges.
School Information Evening
Crimson Education is happy to facilitate an information evening for your students and parents for those schools who would like to take up this opportunity during Term 1. A representative from Crimson Education would come into school to host the event allowing students and parents to learn more about the trip and to ask any questions that they might have.
PLEASE CONTACT Richard Gorret on [email protected] for more information on anything related to the tour including scholarships, staff chaperone opportunities and a school information evening.