The Alliance of Girls’ Schools is a not for profit organisation which aims to promote the education of girls in single-sex girls’ schools and increase public awareness that single-sex schools provide the optimal learning environment for girls. As the peak advocacy group for girls’ education, the Alliance provides leadership opportunities for girls and educators through conferences, provides network support, publishes a biannual magazine and sources research on single-sex education.
We accept membership from any school throughout Australasia which is educating girls only. Our current membership is 142 girls' schools in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, the Philippines, and South Africa, and includes Government, Catholic and Independent schools.
School membership with the Alliance has many benefits, including increased visibility and credibility for your school, access to the latest research and cutting-edge conferences, a presence online and in our publications.
This organisation has grown from strength to strength over the past decade. The Alliance:
- Organises a biennial conference which hosts a variety of academic and topical speakers on single-sex girls’ education
- Runs a Student Leadership Conference in January for girls embarking on leadership roles in member schools
- Biannually produces a highly acclaimed magazine In Alliance
- Creates a regularly updated brochure entitled Why a Girls' School?
- Provides networks for principals and teachers in girls' schools to collaborate with colleagues
- Conducts, analyses and disseminates research on behalf of our members
- Organises tours of international and national speakers relevant to girls' education
- Affiliates with similar organisations in the United States and Great Britain
- Has a number of high-profile patrons, including Her Excellency Ms Quentin Bryce, Governor-General of the Commonwealth of Australia and Gail Kelly, CEO of Westpac
The Alliance of Girls' Schools (Australasia) Limited aims to promote the education of girls in single-sex girls’ schools.
Increase public awareness that single-sex schools provide the optimal learning environment for girls.
- To provide leadership in girls' education to ensure the best opportunities and outcomes for girls in girls’ schools
- To promote the education of girls in girls' schools through creating public awareness of the philosophy and practice of girls' schools
- To act as a voice and advocate for girls' education
- To connect the educators of girls in girls’ schools
- To support aspiring leaders in girls’ schools
- To conduct, publish and disseminate research that supports the mission and vision of the Alliance